Wednesday 5 August 2015

Silk vest- dyed!


My sister Vicky kindly agreed to model for me. 


I obviously used many different jewel tones and perhaps next time less will be more. 


The silk loves the dyes and makes much more vibrant tones than the cotton.  

Here the vest is turned upside down and then the length can be worn as an extra layer or...

As a draped collar.  


Lots of possibilities.  
I think the arm holes ended up being too big and I agree with those who commented that the long end is a bit too long. The pattern still needs some work but it is a fun idea to play with.  




1 comment:

  1. Vicky is a great model! But yes if it's long on her it will be very long on most of us. Can you make it in two lengths? I think it's a terrific idea for a night out, just a layer, scarf, vest, super beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete