Thursday 12 December 2019

On the Cover!

Just received the latest copy of PRESENCE which is "an international journal of spiritual direction".  This is vol.25, No.4 dated December 2019.  I am thinking that this is justifiable match for my work.  Although it wasn't my intention when I created this piece, whenever it has been exhibited the feedback I get is that it feels very biblical.  People have referenced different bible scenes, and even different bibles but it is the most common comment I receive.  It gives me pleasure to know that the editor also felt that it has a spiritual quality.  Although I am forever questioning the role that traditional religious practices play in finding peace, I do pursue a journey of inner spiritual peace and am happy to know that this is reflected in my creations.

5 comments:

  1. Da
    Niels this is beautiful and definitely Biblical and spiritual . A lovely cover .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for checking out my blog. You are not alone in feeling it is biblical.

      Delete
  2. Hi Daniela,

    I work for TextileArtist.org and you were kind enough to do an interview for us a few years ago on your work, link is here: https://www.textileartist.org/daniela-tiger-create-grow. We are currently updating our website, would it be possible to send your email address to gemma@textileartist.org so that I can communicate with you regarding the images we used in your article?

    Thank you and best wishes,

    Gemma from TextileArtist.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gemma, thank you so much for checking out my blog, I have sent you an email with my new email contact info.

    ReplyDelete