Thursday 28 February 2013

Element of Water

detail

Riverbed

Recently I have been busy exploring the notion of 'elements' as they are viewed cross culturally.  I found it fascinating that most cultures overlap with regards to what is understood to be essential elements.
This is my interpretation of

Water

The fabric is hand dyed cotton.  The river stones are a result of my drawing, manipulated on the computer and then digitally printed on to the cotton.  After that, the fabric was gathered and stitched with free motion and quilted.
detail of the collar




 Water, once again, as a wearable.  I dyed this silk fabric and the collar is dyed using a shibori technique.






4 comments:

  1. Wow! That folding is magical! What a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your enthusiasm Cathy

      Delete
  2. Cool interpretation of water. I recently queried the IJQ about how to represent water. Ultimately I used cheesecloth and loads of thread paint to make the water frothy. I threw in some Angelina fibers for fun and sparkle. I think it came out well. My Red Sea parted. I will post it to my blog soon... Right now my site is down. Again.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your interpretation Cindy, thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete