Another beautiful baby born, another girly quilt called for!
I began by creating long strings of pinky pretty fabrics and then cutting them into strips.
I also worked on blocks and placements that would create contrast to 'sing' but still work all together.
I found this challenging.
So I auditioned lots of fabrics.
While putting the blocks together, messes happen.
Auditioning for the back
Making my decision and then creating the label. I used a sweet flannel that I had for the binding because she may be one of those babies that like to rub soft fabrics. You never know!
And I also decided that hand embroidery on the blocks was also called for, since I can never leave well enough alone. Hope she enjoys it in great health and happiness for years!